[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] vnc remove

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Wed May 5 01:03:22 CEST 2010

On 05/04/2010 08:29 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> Hi,
> upstream stopped developing open source version time ago and tigervnc is the
> replacement.
> I'll move it to AUR, if no one has objections.

It is a pitty that it stopped being maintained upstream and thus needs
to be put in AUR, because it still works really well if you choose the
settings correctly, specially the full screen mode. The alternative,
tightvnc, seems to have the fullscreen mode still broken and with no
solution in sight (it seems to be a known problem with tightvnc for a
long long time).

--
Mauro Santos