[arch-general] perl 5.12

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:23:48 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:09 AM, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net> wrote:
> I'd also add that core packages need to be packaged with utmost care, and
> there are several issues with perl 5.12.0 that have yet to be solved. There
> are also some pending issues on FlySpray that need careful thinking, such as
> the issue of FHS non-compliance under /usr/bin. Besides that, even though my
> latest PKGBUILD compiles fine, "make test" throws out a substantial number
> of errors ("Failed 138 tests out of 1722, 91.99% okay"). It's fine to have
> the latest and greatest whenever possible, but packaging is also not a speed
> competition :)

I've read the bug in question. I don't think it should be a barrier to
5.12 adoption. Unfortunately I haven't seen a suggestion on a 'better
way'.

I agree on the test suite failing. I'll be looking into that once I
have a fresh install... right now I suspect some install snafus
because someone built on a new vm and reported no issues with what I
have issues with. I just got new drives... once I've tested those then
I'll reinstall and test more.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com