[arch-general] intel video & suspend

Sergey Manucharian ingeniware at gmail.com
Thu May 6 17:49:28 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

Regularly I put my ThinkPad R61 into suspend twice a day, and
everything worked perfectly until 2.6.32 and 2.6.33 kernels.

Now from time to time (≈ once a week) when I wake it up, the screen
remains black in both X and text console. Nothing can bring it back,
but everything else works just fine. No errors in logs either.

The suspend is done with:
# echo -n mem >/sys/power/state
(just the stock /etc/acpi/handler.sh of acpid package)

I have Intel GM965 card and run xorg-server-1.7.6-3.
Driver: xf86-video-intel-2.10.0-1

I found that there are a couple of patches [1,2] for i915 and intel bios
were made in Nov-Dec 2009 to fix such problems, and they were supposed
to be in 2.6.33, but my problem persists.

Does anybody have ideas/info?

Thanks,
Sergey

[1] http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=87828