[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Redefining [testing] and a new [staging] repo

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri May 7 13:59:44 EDT 2010

On Fri, 7 May 2010 13:50:01 -0400, Ray Kohler <ataraxia937 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> This makes me wonder, what about the TUs and [community-testing]? The
> current use of that repo would make it seem sensible to rename it to
> [community-staging] instead, since it's rare there's anything in there
> but in-progress rebuilds. Or should there be a pair of
> [community-testing] and [community-staging]?
>
> Sorry about adding complexity to this, as I realize that makes it less
> likely that it actually gets implemented...

That's up to the TUs to decide if they want to have the same or keep their
testing repo for this. I guess it wont be needed most of the time; most
packages that would induce rebuilds should be in core and extra. But even
if if they would like to have their own staging repo it would be easy to
implement.