[arch-general] Err... Why is gvim now conflicting with vim?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri May 7 23:26:48 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 09:29 +0800, Ye Li wrote:
> I have to say althogh he may not act so "experienced" when facing problems,
>  I still like guys like David, about his passion in pursuing Linux
> deployment in layer offices. I still remember somebody said when David came
> to this ML the first time that "this guy makes this mailing list more active
> rather than silent as it doesn't exist at all".
>
> We need voices, if you don't like some just ignore them. Provided they are
> not spam of course.

Voices are needed in 'discussion', as that builds community. Trivial
help requests don't.

The "if you don't like it just ignore it" viewpoint can potentially be
the first dip down the slippery slope of help vampirism and the
ubuntu-fication of a community. Ubuntu is great in what it does, but I
think Arch is for a different set of users, and would hate to see it
becoming just another A-buntu or something.