[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.33.3-2 (and aufs2)

Marek Otahal markotahal at gmail.com
Sun May 9 13:20:31 EDT 2010

On Sunday 09 of May 2010 15:55:17 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> On Sat, 8 May 2010 00:04:43 +0200, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be>
>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, 02 May 2010 17:49:13 +0200
> >
> > Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> >> This new kernel just exports some additional symbols for aufs2 which
> >> was updated to a new snapshot. This should hopefully fix some issues
> >> with the .33 kernel and aufs. Related aufs packages are: aufs2
> >> 2.6.33_20100425-2 and aufs2-util 20100422-1
> >>
> >> In addition to regular sign-off some feedback about aufs would be
> >> nice; especially if you use archiso.
> >
> > http://build.archlinux.org/isos/archlinux-2010.05.07-netinstall-i686.iso
> > boots fine on my system. signoff i686.
> >
> > once i have rebuilt images (with correct copyright statement) i will
> > let the community test, then you'll have a bit more feedback about how
> > well it works ;)
> >
> > Dieter
>
> It seems to be fine in x86_64 and the aufs bugs are confirmed to be fixed
> with this version. So, I'll move these to core/extra.
Hello,
please just test a bit more the new kernel, I have just rebooted to the new
2.6.33.3-2 kernel and got kernel panic on Init: ..something about missing
symbols, failed exec and 52 - I didn't take notes of that and don't know if
it's logged somewhere (?)
I'm using [testing], i686, and encrypted disk, but this probably occurred
before this.
I'll retest when I have time..
Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks and have a nice day