[arch-general] PulseAudio package group

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Tue May 18 20:50:54 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 00:25:41 Jan Steffens wrote:
> I could make PulseAudio installation significantly easier by putting
> specially-built packages (e.g. sdl-pulse, openal-pulse) into
> [community] and grouping them in a "pulse" group.

I think its a great idea to provide more "pulse" packages, so the installation
of PulseAudio would be easier. However I don't think that the "pulse" group is
a good idea at all, because by installing the whole group you force people to
install applications they don't use (or need).

"openal-pulse" and "sdl-pulse" would be great. I've had also some struggle to
recompile "phonon-gstreamer" with PulseAudio support, so "phonon-gstreamer-
pulse" would be another nice package to have. I guess there are plenty of
packages that support PulseAudio, but haven't been compiled to do so yet.
--
Best regards,
Karol Babioch