[arch-general] Why is there no tftp client in inetutils?

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Thu May 20 13:57:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

as I need a tftp client in order to reflash my WRT54GL I realised that Arch
Linux hasn't got one in the main repositories. Normally "tftp" is part of
Inetutils (http://www.gnu.org/software/inetutils/). Looking at the PKGBUILD of
"inetutils" confuses me, as it explicitly disables tftp.

I know that I can easily rebuild the package, but I'm wondering why it is
disabled by default? At least you should provide a seperate tftp package, as
there are certainly people who need a tftp client, for instance me ;).

--
Best regards,
Karol Babioch