[arch-general] can you only test certain packages?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu May 20 18:31:43 EDT 2010

Am 20.05.2010 19:29, schrieb Caleb Cushing:
> I'm trying to help with the testing of perl 5.12 but I'd rather not
> test every package out there. Is it possible to block certain packages
> from being updated from testing? or only allow certain ones? maybe
> with a regex? obviously I don't wish to ban them globally. if they
> make it into a non testing repo I'm fine with it.

If you are careful, you can simply test a single package from testing.
However, it might be necessary to also grab dependencies ... so you need
to know what you are doing, why the package is in testing, what it
depends on and what depends on it.

As far as I know, perl is "alone" in testing, so you should be in the clear.