[arch-general] Gnome - blank dialog when resuming from suspend

Matthew Monaco dgbaley27 at verizon.net
Sat May 22 10:01:07 EDT 2010

On 05/22/2010 12:40 AM, Flavio Costa wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Matthew Monaco<dgbaley27 at verizon.net>wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble finding a bug report on this but I've experienced it on
>> 4 different computers. When I suspend (pm-utils) though System ->  Shut Down
>> ->
>> Suspend (button), the shut down dialog is still on the screen and blank,
>> when I resume.
>>
>> Anyone know exactly what's responsible for this? gnome-screensaver,
>> pm-utils, gdm, ...? And if it's upstream or a distribution thing? (I think
>> upstream).
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> That also happens to me but I'm not sure who's to blame.
> This blank dialog eventually quits, does that happen with you too?
>
> Is there anyway we can help you to debug what's going on?

Yes, it eventually goes away. I'm guessing that the resume sequence is still
happening and the dialog doesn't go away until it's finished. However in the
past, the dialog might have closed just _before_ suspending, which is why it has
never been a problem.

I've tried to look at my logs as a resume, but I have a feeling it's more of a
GUI issue and not something that will show up in the logs.

Is anyone with an up-to-date gnome system NOT experiencing this? If so, what
would be the major differences in our systems? Hardware? I'm using the radeon
driver.