[arch-general] Fwd: AIF through proxy

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat May 22 13:19:52 EDT 2010

On Sat, 22 May 2010 12:51:39 +0200
"Andre \"Osku\" Schmidt" <andre.osku.schmidt at googlemail.com> wrote:

> now i only wonder what would be the best way and place to save these
> variables in the installed system ?

are you saying the target system should always use the proxies, for all
users?
maybe write the variables into /etc/profile then. don't know if there
is a better way.

> in worker_configure_system() in
> the users aif profile ?

yes...

> and can i restrict it only to pacman ? (for general proxy
> like squid. pacproxy.py would be only used by pacman, hence my main
> interest on it)

I don't know... my attempt would be setting this into the pacman.conf:
XferCommand = http_proxy=.. ftp_proxy= .. /usr/bin/wget --passive-ftp -c -O %o %u

but i don't think that will work. maybe a pacman dev knows.

a bit more dirtier, but should definitely work:
XferCommand = /bin/sh -c 'http_proxy=.. ftp_proxy= .. /usr/bin/wget --passive-ftp -c -O %o %u'

or write this to /etc/profile:
alias pacman='http_proxy=.. ftp_proxy=.. pacman'

Dieter