[arch-general] Script to check monitor blank state

Markus markus at hackfleischeis.de
Wed May 26 04:31:12 EDT 2010

On 25.05.2010 19:17, "Jérôme M. Berger" wrote:
> 	Here, "xset q" has a line that says: "Monitor is On". Couldn't you
> use that?
>
> 		Jerome

Yes this seems actually very useful,
i had dpms inactive, but ScreenSaver blanking on.
Maybe someone knows what the difference between these two is all about.
It looks totally equal from the "outside" ;-)

Now that I activated dpms, there is this line indicating the state.

xset q | awk '{if (match($0,"Monitor is On")) {print "notblanked"}}'

I am going to use this little check for my script.

Thank you for your help!

Markus