[arch-general] Burning From Command Line

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Wed May 26 10:57:40 EDT 2010

On 05/26/2010 02:48 PM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
>
>> You keep arguing, you always persist on having cdrtools added to the
>> repos in favor of cdrkit.
>>
>> You always claim, that cdrkit has legal issues.
>
> At the same time you claim that you believe the slander from Debian.
> Is there any hope to have a reasonable discussion?

Just like you have been told before in the other thread a few months
ago, people are just covering their asses, there is a big number of
distros using cdrkit so in case of doubt just use what everyone else uses.

>> And if the problem wouldn't exist, then the distributors incl. the Arch
>> developers wouldn't have any doubts and would switch from cdrkit to
>> cdrtools. As long as there are doubts about your claims and the
>> licenses, there is a problem.
>
> If you have doubts, I recommend you to ask an independent specialized laywer
> but please to not follow the slander from Debian.

Lawyers are expensive and smaller distros like Arch can't afford to
spend money on lawyers because of someone else's quarrel.

"Because I say so" is not a valid backup for your claims, Earth used to
be flat and the center of the universe because the "experts" of that
time "said so". This behavior gets people mad at you and invariably
leads to the same result, which is, keep distributing cdrkit.

If you want to change that, concede to what people ask of you. If you
had done that already most probably we wouldn't be having this huge déjà
vu thread.

--
Mauro Santos