[arch-general] Burning From Command Line

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Wed May 26 13:18:22 EDT 2010

On 05/26/2010 04:59 PM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Mauro Santos <registo.mailling at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Because I say so" is not a valid backup for your claims, Earth used to
>> be flat and the center of the universe because the "experts" of that
>> time "said so". This behavior gets people mad at you and invariably
>
> Good point!
>
> Since more than 3000 years men know that Earth is a spehere (from watching
> ships that appear on the horizon with their sails first).
>
> Since aprox. 2200 years men know the diameter of Earth with an error of 8%.
>
> Later, some "religuous" crowd came up and claimed that Earth is flat.
>
> I encourage you to just ignore those people who claim that Earth is flat and
> that there is a supposed legal problem with cdrtools.

Sure I can ignore people who say that Earth is flat.

The other people did backup their claims of Earth being round by
publishing their reasoning and methods of determining Earth's radius, it
has been peer reviewed and agreed upon that those claims are without
fault given the knowledge available at the time of publication.

On top of that, if they have referenced some other work to backup their
claims, the references must be accessible to anyone wishing to review
the claims. To be of any value, the work being referenced must have been
itself peer reviewed and accepted as accurate.

Your references are only available to the ones that wrote it and to you.
This unavailability, even upon insistent request, makes those references
irrelevant and unacceptable to backup your claims.

This is how everyone else does things, somehow it seems that you don't
want these rules to apply to you.

If the debian people are just spreading FUD as you say they are, then
_prove_ them wrong once and for all with hard evidence regarding the
legal matters, then let people make up their own minds instead of
wanting people to believe something because you say so.

--
Mauro Santos