[arch-general] This is the "arch"-general list - Was Burning From Command Line

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Thu May 27 12:44:08 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Attila <vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org> wrote:
>> At Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2010 16:25 Gaurish Sharma wrote:
>>>  Also the truth is one person cannot be responsible for 50+threads.
>>> other people are replying to as well, so should be Joerg be blamed
>>> alone? if you want to ban, he should not be only one.
>>
>> +100 and if you ban someone than you have to ban me because i'm the startpoint
>> of this underthread ... a little cue in this case would be helpfull.-)
>
> To be clear:
>
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm going to give this the rest of the day to simmer down, then I'm
>> going to start moderating/banning accounts
>
> Notice that "accounts" is the plural, not the singular.

Err. I don't think you should do that unless they become a pure
nuisance. I am facing a similar situation with Squidoo. Because of
someone else on my subnet (I have static ip), spamming on their site
(or may be due to a virus, its a common scene here), they have banned
the whole subnet. And now even after several request they won't
whitelist me. You may end up banning some for none of their mistake.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: nilesh.gr