[arch-general] dualboot?

John K Pate j.k.pate at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu May 27 17:17:42 EDT 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010, Jeroen Op 't Eynde wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2010 18:48:38 +0200, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists at itech7.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM, David Lowe <da_legit_dubya at yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I'm new to Arch Linux & Linux in general, so please excuse any newbie
>> > questions...
>> > Can the Arch Linux install do a dualboot installation?  I've read some
>> > documentation
>> > and it seems to be iffy on this point.
>> > Also, why are most Linux users and programmers so obsessed with Python?
>> > I'd much rather download Euphoria.  http://www.rapideuphoria.com
>> > If it's a requirement that a Python runtime be on the system, then I'd
>> > rather not install
>> > at all.
>>

>> Python is an opensource language used by many applications. You may
>> have to install it while installing some desktop environment.
>> As for dual boot, any Linux can be dual booted. If you already have
>> some other Linux, you just need to add the entry for the partiton
>> which contains the Arch kernel into Grub.
>>

> Maybe just compare the websites... obviously Python wins! :)
>
> --
> Jeroen Op 't Eynde - jeroen at xprsyrslf.be - http://xprsyrslf.be
>
> To read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting
>
> Steun Jeugdhuis de PUT via Donamail:
> http://www.donamail.be/default.asp?btnID=iYOviYvW

At any rate, there's no reason not to install both euphoria and python. If
you're planning on sticking with a distribution like Arch that requires
you to `look under the hood', you should get used to working with a
variety of programming languages. There's no single language which is
perfect for every job.

==
John K Pate
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0930006/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.