[arch-general] Strange suspend behaviour

Stefan Afradi stefan at
Thu May 27 17:43:44 EDT 2010

> >> I've set up my system so that when I close the laptop lid the computer goes into suspend mode. However, when I wake it up by pressing the power button the system
> >> starts, and after 3-5 sec it goes into suspend mode again. If I then press the power button again, it starts and stays on. Suggestions?
> >>

> > Explain what DE you are running and how and what did you "set up".
> >

> Sounds like he's running KDE. The problem that he described is with
> powerdevil and has already been fixed upstream (but I don't think the
> current release contains it yet).
>
> -- Sven-Hendrik

I'm using OpenBox on i686. /etc/acpi/handler.sh is set to react on laptop lid close like so:

    button/lid)
        #echo "LID switched!">/dev/tty5
	/usr/sbin/pm-suspend
        ;;
    *)
        logger "ACPI group/action undefined: $1 / $2"
        ;;

esac

# End of /etc/acpi/handler.sh

I'm also having an issue where the fan sometimes goes all guns blazing and runs at 100% (for no reason at all) after awakening from suspend.