[arch-general] Google-Chrome

Ionut Biru biru.ionut at gmail.com
Mon May 31 04:38:05 EDT 2010

On 05/31/2010 11:35 AM, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Ionut Biru<biru.ionut at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 05/31/2010 11:10 AM, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi. I want the latest version of Google-chrome. Saw it on AUR but some
>>> on #archlinux told that i need gcc 4.4 to compile it successfully for
>>> 64 bit arch. Just wanted to know if anyone ran into any problems while
>>> compiling it.
>>> Thanks
>>
>> what's wrong with chromium from our repos?
>>
>> --
>> Ionut
>>

> its not the latest version.

the one from testing is the actually the latest release. but i guess you
don't know that chromium has 3 updates channels:

* stable
* beta
* devel

Until now we had beta releases since a stable one from linux didn't
existed. So the one from testing is the last stable release.

You basically asking to uploading firefox nighly. is this fair?

--
Ionut