[arch-general] PulseAudio Equalizer not persistent

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Mon May 31 05:13:49 EDT 2010

On 31 May 2010 10:37, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists at itech7.com> wrote:
> Guys I have a problem with the pulseaudio equalizer. I have checked EQ
> Enabled & Keep Settings. But I have to click apply settings everytime
> mplayer (cli) changes track.
> How do I solve this ?
>
> --
> Nilesh Govindarajan
> Facebook: nilesh.gr
> Twitter: nileshgr
> Website: www.itech7.com

I suggest you to use equalizer in ALSA using LADSPA plugin. Here [1]
is sample .asoundrc  with equalizer (the first one). Even though the
page is in Czech I think the example configuration is simple enough
and ready to use. Only note which is probably necessary is that "id
1197" is LADSPA plugin with id 1197 which is the Multiband EQ

Lukas

[1] http://www.abclinuxu.cz/blog/origami/2008/5/je-libo-ekvalizer-primo-v-alsa