[arch-general] [SOLVED] Network problem (router/gateway)

Vincent Van Houtte vvh at synergylaw.be
Mon May 31 09:40:53 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 11:32 +0200, Vincent Van Houtte wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 14:03 +0530, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> > IP Forwarding is probably disabled.
> >
> > # sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
>
> Thank you. Unfortunately that is not it:
>
> # sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward
> net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

Seems like this was a problem with my ISP, that had a broken router with
wrong MTU-values (If I understood correctly). There is a workaround
available, and applying that has fixed our problem.

Since the solution was not found by me, I cannot post it here. If
someone is interested, I'll see if I can get it from 'my man'.

THX again.

Vincent
--
Advocatenkantoor Suy, Van Baeveghem & Van Houtte
Brusselsestraat 108