[arch-general] Replace dcron once again?

Christopher Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Mon Nov 8 23:12:40 CET 2010

Florian Pritz <bluewind at server-speed.net> writes:

> It doesn't seem like dcron is maintained very well [1], so I think we
> should consider switching. FS#18681 [2] is quite a critical bug in a
> crond when everyone expects jobs to run only once.

I'm never too thrilled about such changes, especially when they require
my manual intervention.  Either way, it won't kill me.
The multiple-run issue is critical.  I've also noticed skipped runs.
For example, on one system, cron.hourly was running once every other
hour.  It did that for several weeks.
Has anyone else had a look at the dcron code?  I've been looking at it,
to no avail.

-- Chris