[arch-general] Replace dcron once again?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Tue Nov 9 11:47:48 CET 2010

FWIW:
I've gone through the archives and found multiple threads about our
cron discussions.
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2009-September/
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-January
(esp.
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-January/014781.html)

Seems like the last time we were on the verge of switching to fcron,
but didn't because Jim took over dcron upstream (and added his "yacron"
features.)

The only negative thing i could find in the archives about fcron is
that it doesn't support /etc/cron.d natively (but we can write scripts
to work around that).  Although Heiko seemed to suggest this is no
longer true anymore. (?)

Other then that, it seems a solid featureful-but-simple-enough cron
daemon.

Dieter