[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [extra] repository cleanup

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat Nov 13 17:09:47 CET 2010

Am Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:05:46 -0500
schrieb Leonid Isaev <lisaev at umail.iu.edu>:

> eboard:    The latest version is: 1.1.1 (Feb 22nd, 2008)
> gdesklets: gDesklets 0.36.1 released November 5th 2008
> lincity:   The current stable release of lincity is version 1.12.1
>            (Aug. 13, 2004)
> tin:       TIN 1.9.5 (unstable) was released on December 24th, 2009
> Looks like a bunch of creeeeepy software.
>
> pure-ftpd: Server -- if you use it, you must know how to build it.
> tsch:      Well, it's like back to the future, only in reverse, right?
>
> BTW, games under linux just... well... hmmm.

Just because a software is old it doesn't mean that it doesn't work or
isn't used anymore.

Well, I must admit that I don't know tcsh, but that's only one of them.

Like I said, I had no problem with really unimportant or unnecessary
packages or with packages which don't run anymore without being patched.

But packages which still run like eboard and are just a bit older don't
need to be actively maintained. So I don't know the problem with
keeping them in [extra] as orphans.

Heiko