[arch-general] Replace dcron once again?

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Sun Nov 14 20:39:36 CET 2010

On (11/14/10 14:05), Isaac Dupree wrote:
-~> On 11/14/10 09:32, Jim Pryor wrote:
-~> >...
-~> >
-~> >I would certainly understand and could not reasonably object to any
-~> >distro's demoting dcron to an unofficial package. But as I said, I I
-~> >will fix dcron anyway, I hope within the very near future. I'll announce
-~> >here when I believe the git version has the necessary fixes, and if
-~> >feedback sounds good, will make a new official release.
-~> >
-~> >Extra hands might not help right at this particular moment, but they
-~> >would help the package be more reliably maintained going forward. I'd be
-~> >glad to give other interested developers git-push privileges.
-~>
-~> Thank you for your efforts!  I am sure it is a service to many
-~> people to have a dcron that works well.  Even if Arch devs decide
-~> a different default cron daemon for Arch some day.

Yeah, I double that. Especially considering what a nightmare teaching can be
close to the end of a semester...

--
lisaev at svibor