[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Inappropriate bugtracker behavior

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Tue Nov 16 11:58:05 CET 2010

Am Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:10:03 +0100
schrieb RedShift <redshift at pandora.be>:

> Someone (which shall remain nameless unless privately asked) on the
> bugtracker has been demonstrating inappropriate behavior. This
> includes, but not limited to:
>
> * Insulting developers for not accepting certain bugs
> * Insulting anyone who disagrees with him, sometimes subtle but
> definitely there
>
> This has occurred multiple times in the past as well (I looked it up).
>
>  From my point of view, he clearly is not a developer.
>
> Any recommendations on how to proceed? I do not wish to continue this
> issue on the bugtracker itself.

I don't know about whom and which bug you're talking, so I don't want
to say too much. But there have indeed been more than one bugs in the
past (assigned to one certain developers) which have been closed at
once as invalid even if they indeed have been reproducible bugs. And I
was relative unfriendly told to give more informations about e.g.
possibly affected drivers etc. which I already had given in the
original bug report.

In the meantime there was another developer who has closed a well known
bug report and denied to reopen it with only an inexplicable reason.
This bug is still a known upstream bug.

Such an inappropriate bug handling happened four times in the meantime.

So could this be the reason why the person who you're talking about is
angry? Are those not accepted bugs really not downstream bugs? I already
started a thread about the inappropriate behaviour resp. bad attitude
of some - not all - developers in flyspray in the past.

Just ignoring him is not the way to handle it unless you have talked to
the person and know that he is just insulting without a reason.

Heiko