[arch-general] C++ program compiliation failed

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Tue Nov 16 14:38:09 CET 2010

On 11/15/2010 10:17 PM, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 13:00, Nilesh Govindarajan<lists at itech7.com>  wrote:
>> On 11/14/2010 11:29 PM, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have three c++ files: main.cpp, and querystring.{h,cpp}
>>>

>> Guys, thanks for your suggestion, but the problem turned out to be inline
>> constructor. I don't know why that doesn't work (it's as per ANSI though).
>
> I'm sure actual examples would have helped here :-)
>
> /M

So here it is:

class QueryString {

private:
  const string __qstr;
public:
  QueryString() {
   throw Exception("Invalid constructor"); // defined in Exception.h
  }

  QueryString(const char* s) : __qstr(s) {}
  QueryString(const string& s): __qstr(s) {}
  http_map* parse();

};

PS: The default constructor is pretty dumb logic, I'll be changing that :)

This doesn't compile on my box, saying `undefined reference to
QueryString::QueryString()' or any other constructor.

It doesn't matter if I define it inside (therefore implicitly inline as
per ANSI) or outside using the inline keyword, it still won't compile
(at least on my arch64).

--
Regards,
Nilesh Govindarajan