[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [extra] repository cleanup

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Nov 17 20:33:26 CET 2010

Am Wed, 17 Nov 2010 07:41:01 -0600
schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:

> Five step plan to success:
> 1) Actually contribute instead of whining on a mailing list

Is saying one's opinion whining? How long since? And, yes, I am already
contributing in AUR, I've already written a split PKGBUILD for
libreoffice-i18n which Andreas hopefully will add to [extra] soon. And
I've already written a cryptsetup related patch for rc.sysinit which I
sent to Thomas. So I don't think that I'm not contributing.

> 2) Get your name known in the TU/dev circles

I already met some devs and a TU personally. And I don't think that
they had the impression that I'm whining. Instead we had some nice
conversations.

> 3) Apply for a position where you can contribute more

As soon as it's possible.

> 4) Have your opinion actually count because we know you do work
> instead of act as a roadblock

Some people know that I'm already working if possible.

> 5) Become jaded like the rest of us, realizing that users always think
> the world is ending, and when they say "this is shame", "I'm leaving",
> "you suck", "developers are selfish", none of the developers have ever
> really cared and would rather poisonous people leave anyway.

I never said "I'm leaving" or something like that. That some developers
are selfish is indeed my impression. Read: Some. By far not every
developer.

Heiko