[arch-general] LZO kernel compression?

Auguste Pop auguste at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:08:03 CET 2010

Hi,

LZO compression has quicker compression and bigger compressed file. As
the kernel load time is the sum of the time loading the compressed
image and the time of decompressing the image, I am not sure if LZO
compression is better than traditional gzip compression on a i686 or
x86_64 system where CPU is considerably faster than hard disk.

However, choice should always be welcomed.

Best Regards,