[arch-general] PulseAudio in [testing]

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Sat Nov 27 05:51:51 CET 2010

On Nov 26, 2010, at 7:58 PM, Jan Steffens <jan.steffens at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 2:26 AM, Ionuț Bîru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:

On 11/27/2010 02:46 AM, Yaro Kasear wrote:

On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 21:34 +0100, Jan Steffens wrote:

I've put PulseAudio into [testing] some time ago, but received no

feedback on this.

This either means it works well, or nobody uses it.

So I'm asking for it now, especially from GNOME and KDE users running

PulseAudio.

I haven't really used it since I came to Arch Linux a couple years ago.

But my experience with it on Ubuntu has been all negative.

why are you filling my inbox with useless remark if you don't use pulse?

The feedback is intended only for GNOME and KDE users _running_ pulse

--

Ionuț

No, I would like feedback from everyone using the pulse-related
packages from [testing], whether they actually run PulseAudio or not.
Allan's feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Note: this is a resend... Mailman on "gudrun.archlinux.org" apparantly died
w/sig 11...

All the "works great here" is very encouraging... I love the ideas
behind pulse (esp. networking, and systemd... er unrelated :-).  I
think I'll put it to the test myself.

Good to see the overwhelming positive lean; is pulse being considered
for an eventual default by chance?

C Anthony [mobile]