[arch-general] [signoff] kernel 2.6.36.1-3

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Sat Nov 27 20:08:13 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony at extof.me> wrote:

> (not to mention cool stuff like btrfs support... that's about to lead to
> _managed_ KERNEL rollbacks under Archlinux in < 48hrs... *cough*
> hint... :-)

well once again i've been defeated...  i thought i found a clever way
to support kernel rollbacks by "peeking" into subvolumes for a kernel
to boot... and due to a 1/1000 chance my tests *seemed* to confirm
this.

6 hrs in... how was i to know that at the syslinux level snapshots are
recursive loops back to the root?  and i had identical structure at
both levels, giving the appearance of a successful rollback?  and COW
had not caused the kernel images to disappear *yet*?

ugh, when they say "no subvolume support" i guess they mean it :-)
sorry to those who noticed this premature allusion, and to everyone
else, sorry for the noise.

C Anthony