[arch-general] PulseAudio in [testing]

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 28 17:26:47 CET 2010

On 11/28/2010 06:18 PM, Yaro Kasear wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 00:15 +0800, Ray Rashif wrote:
>> On 29 November 2010 00:08, Yaro Kasear<yaro at marupa.net>  wrote:
>>> Once again, I say PA is far from the kind of quality I'd expect from a
>>> package in [extra], and I'm surprised the Arch devs are even considering
>>> it, especially in light of the fact that there's far more stable and
>>> useful packages in [community] getting passed up.
>>
>> Once again, nobody asked for opinions on PulseAudio, the software. If
>> it does affect you directly, do report that here or the bugtracker. It
>> was moved to [extra] for package-specific reasons, not just on a whim
>> as you would like to think.
>
> What packages actually REQUIRE Pulse Audio? I don't know of a single
> Linux app to date that actually NEEDS it over what already exists in
> ALSA itself.

dear Mr Yaro.

I suggest to read again the first message from the list. It doesn't ask
for opinions about pulse on how good or bad is.

Keep your opinions for yourself. You are not forced to use pulse if you
hate it, pulseaudio is optionally unless you are using gnome.

Starting GNOME 3, we will include support by default. This it happened
some time ago upstream but WE keep it out, until now.

PLEASE, but PLEASE keep your junks out on my inbox

--
Ionuț