[arch-general] PulseAudio in [testing]

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:12:31 CET 2010

>> The benefit is that Flash will not f**k and lock your sound card.
>
> These problems are solved since years. I even made a test. Playing two
> flash videos, playing music through mplayer with alsa and starting an
> old game which uses oss. All this works just fine with plain alsa.

No, I ment the situation when Flash locks up.

When using the Alsa dmix plugin (which enables software mixing of
streams from different apps) the first application that starts playing
sound is the "master" one, that controls the hardware.

When the master is Flash and it locks up (and it does happen often)
you loose all sound on the desktop.

--
damjan