[arch-general] Opinions on pulseaudio [WAS: PulseAudio in [testing]]

Sander Jansen s.jansen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 18:43:21 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Morgan Gangwere <0.fractalus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Sander Jansen <s.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So most likely the driver needs to be fixed instead.
>
> its not even that -- realtek's driver for it is patched against some
> godforsakenly old version of ALSA.

So the driver is fixed, but not for the current alsa version? Seems
like a ALSA problem to me.

>>>        This bug is even worse for me: the only output that PA will
>>> recognize on my system is the HDMI output from my *video* card! I
>>> don't have any HDMI capable peripheral to even try to hear it! Alsa
>>> outputs to my true sound card without any problem...
>>>

>> You could perhaps file a bug with PA. Or find help on the PA mailinglist.
>
> You'll get "Its ALSA's fault, not ours".

File a bug with ALSA (or find help on the ALSA mailinglist) then, so
the driver works correctly pulseaudio.
You act as if they're lying to you and they just want to blame ALSA
for all their problems. I hardly doubt that is the case.
I don't think complaining on the General Discussion list of Arch Linux
will get you anywhere.

Cheers,

Sander

--