[arch-general] Problem with keyboard in Gnome

Ulf Winkelvos ulf at winkelvos.de
Fri Oct 1 18:56:58 EDT 2010

On 02.10.2010 00:42, Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 2010-10-02 at 00:24 Jan Steffens wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Christian<christian08 at runbox.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I have got everything up and running, but I am having a problem.
>>> I want to use the swedish keyboard layout in Gnome but what file to
>> specify that in? In the console I have svlatin1 and country is sv_se.
>>> Any tips?
>>> Many thanks,
>>> Christian
>>
>> You can set the initial keyboard layout in gdm (at the bottom of the
>> screen), or (if you're already logged in), using System → Preferences
>> → Keyboard.
>
> But that is not saved when I log out and restart the machine if I set it in system preferences.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg.conf

Setting Keyboard Layout With Hot-Plugging
---
Section "InputClass"
     Identifier             "Keyboard Defaults"
     MatchIsKeyboard	   "yes"
     Option	           "XkbLayout" "de"
     Option	           "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

that's working for me.

Cheers, Ulf