[arch-general] KDE and output to two monitors

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Mon Oct 4 03:54:01 EDT 2010

Hello,

from time to time I connect my laptop (1280x800) with another display
(usually an old 19" at 1280x1024). My preferred configuration is to set
both displays to their natural resolution with the laptop display being
set to be "left of VGA1". I do this all via KDE system settings.

It always used to make the KDE panel and all windows stay on my laptop
display, until I grabbed a window and moved it rightwards. However,
since a couple of days or weeks ago (unfortunately I'm not sure which
upgrade changed this) no matter what I do the KDE panel appears on the
external display, so does my wallpaper and so do some of the windows
(most, but not all of them). This doesn't really work for me much, does
anyone know what to do to return to the previous behavior?

Ondřej

--
Cheers,
Ondřej Kučera