[arch-general] Benchmarks (GUI)

Jeff Cook jeff at deserettechnology.com
Mon Oct 11 07:50:06 EDT 2010

2010/10/11 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Jeff Cook <jeff at deserettechnology.com>wrote:
>
>> I usually just run gtkperf. I haven't tried PTS yet but it's hard for
>> me to trust anything that comes out of Phoronix.
>>

> Please explain ?

Phoronix is just really unprofessional and unreliable as a media
outlet. They constantly post information that is first of all,
absolutely atrociously, sometimes incomprehensibly written, and
secondly often inaccurate and misrepresentative. They also use amateur
reporting practices and lack standards, as we see with their Steam
reporting and sending lots of traffic to Valve FTP servers not
intended for public usage (for one example).

Obviously this does not necessarily reflect directly on their
software, but I think it's wise to take anything from Phoronix with a
grain of salt.

From
Jeff