[arch-general] Building packages, and their dependencies

Ray Rashif schiv at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 15 16:33:22 EDT 2010

2010/10/16 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 14:24 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

>> > makeworld
>>
>> Excellent, but is it possible to pass it a specific package that I
>> want to build, and only build its dependencies?
>>
>> /M
>>
> Try bauerbill out. It can be set to 'build all from abs'. Not sure about
> including the dependencies though, but a bit of sed-magic may help
> there.

Oh right, sorry, then makeworld is not the right tool. It builds what
is passed to it in an ABS-like hierarchy - it does not know about
dependencies. Looks like I misread the subject.

Anyway, Bauerbill looks like it can do that. Take a look at the examples:

http://www.xyne.archlinux.ca/projects/bauerbill/#quick-feature-overview