[arch-general] Gnome question (that is unanswered on the gnome mailinglist)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Oct 18 02:48:34 EDT 2010

I thought I'd try my luck on here, even though this is a rather
Gnome-specific question:

In the past I've been using seahorse to provide both a gpg agent and
an ssh agent.  Recently I noticed that gnome-keyring-daemon provides
both of those agents.  I must say though that it seems to be very
flaky.

I'll switch back to using seahorse for now, but I'm still wondering
why it is that there are two Gnome components with so much overlapping
functionality.
Will one replace the other?

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org