[arch-general] pacman -Syu ==> NOT included depencies (with reasons): ...

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Oct 18 22:43:54 EDT 2010

Here is a new one for me

	A system update tonight provided the following note:

==> NOT included depencies(with reasons):
- sidplay - we do not have sidplay 2 series in repos; also it's
  somehow connected with resid i guess(not in repos also)

this is the first time I've seen this and it looks like pacman got confused
looking for the sidplay 2 series package. What I don't understand is:

"also it's somehow connected with resid i guess(not in repos also)"

What the heck is 'resid' and who is 'i' that is guessing?? (what?)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC