[arch-general] [aur-general] Libreoffice in AUR

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Oct 20 09:47:18 EDT 2010

Am Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:19:26 +0300
schrieb Ionuț Bîru <ibiru at archlinux.org>:

> somebody already uploaded a new build, libreoffice-new. the name is
> kinda stupid and it makes me want to delete it.

I'd second this. It also seems to be a duplicate to libreoffice-bin.
And libreoffice-build should be deleted, too, renamed to libreoffice
and updated to the latest beta.

Btw., libreoffice-new is missing the "-beta" in $pkgver.

Why I'm crossposting this to aur-general and arch-general is this
article:
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/OpenOffice-Council-asks-LibreOffice-makers-to-resign-1110236.html

It's conceivable that OpenOffice and LibreOffice won't cooperate and
will be developed independently from each other. So they most likely
will differ and provide different features rather soon.

So I'd like to see LibreOffice in [extra] besides OpenOffice. I think
LibreOffice is or will soon be too important to just have it in AUR or
[community].

Nevertheless regardless whether LibreOffice is in AUR, [community] or
[extra] there should be clean packages and naming schemes which comply
with the packaging and naming schemes for OpenOffice. Ensuring this is
another reason to put it officially to [extra].

Heiko