[arch-general] Python 3 Rationale?

maxc maxc at me.com
Wed Oct 20 11:45:05 EDT 2010

There is an excellent post by Guido here, Hilton: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-3000/2008-February/011910.html

Guido seems to favor using /usr/bin/python3.0 or /usr/bin/python3 and /usr/bin/python as symlinks to the respective versions of Python.

'Perhaps we should only install "python3.0" and not "python".'

We're not here to discussion semantics ofc. :) There is a much broader concern which I hope we can address through friendly discourse.