[arch-general] makepkg not working in chrooted environment

Norbert Zeh nzeh at cs.dal.ca
Thu Oct 21 17:07:18 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

I am running a 32-bit chroot on my 64-bit system, and I'm trying to
build a few packages from AUR inside the 32-bit chroot.  When I run
makepkg inside the chroot, it complains about dependencies not being
satisfied, even though the dependencies are installed inside the chroot
(and in the 64-bit environment, as well).  So I'm wondering why it
doesn't find the dependencies.  I'd love to get this to work and also
wouldn't mind helping with debugging this.  I just need a few pointers
what I would have to look for.

Cheers,
Norbert

--

()  ascii ribbon campaign  -  against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org    -  against proprietary attachments