[arch-general] Question about installing libraries

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Thu Oct 21 18:42:08 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I am learning and learning more in Arch linux, but I have a question.
There are a few programs that I use and I am not able to find all the
dependencies in the Arch repositories, and some of th elibraries are a
little old and the developers have .deb packages for them.
So my question is if I get a such package, may I just extract it, unpack
the data.tar.gz and copy the libraries into /usr/lib?
For example, I now need to use pygame1.8 and there is 1.9 in the arch
repository.
What do you think?
Many thanks,
Christian