[arch-general] Python 3 Rationale?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 18:54:08 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 22:50 +0530, Gaurish Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
> I don't agree that python 3 is ready for mass use yet. I think arch
> made a premature switch.
>
> Hence, I am not upgrading my system. I hope archlinux rollbacks python3 update.
>
> Regards,
> Gary

"Hey look, devs did something I didn't like"

*throws toys out of pram*

"That'll get them to change their minds"

Seriously, did you think the threat of 'not updating' would get you what
you want? And do you understand what actually was done? python2 is still
installed on your system and still totally accessible after the upgrade,
the ONLY change is that /usr/bin/python does not symlink to it.