[arch-general] Screen goes black after installing latest nvidia driver

Partha Chowdhury partha at gmx.us
Mon Oct 25 09:40:19 EDT 2010

Today I updated my desktop which installed latest nvidia - version
260.19.12. When I tried startx, screen went black and the led of the
power button of the monitor kept flashing.After I downgraded the nvidia,
everything went allright.

To be absolutely sure that it is not caused by anything in my system, i
installed arch again on to a new partition and installed the packages.
Same results.

I searched the bug tracker but found nothing.Is anybody experiencing
the same thing ?

My system:
Vga:VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G86 [GeForce 8400 GS]
(rev a1)