[arch-general] system time stucks in a loop

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Oct 25 18:18:53 EDT 2010

On 10/24/2010 05:06 AM, János Illés wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 14:54, Thomas Jost <schnouki at schnouki.net> wrote:
>> Hope this helps.
>
> I removed openntpd completely and disabled time sync. The vm still
> freezes eventually.
> Also, I cannot set clocksource to anything else than acpi_pm
>
> Let's go back to brainstorming mode, i welcome any new ideas.

OK,

    Let's start over. I haven't a clue about your clocksource loop, but I would
suggest rebuilding virtualbox using:

    Of all the different packages, I have had great luck with this one. Just
download the tarball and untar/ungzip with:

tar -xzf virtualbox_bin.tar.gz

cd virtualbox_bin/

makepkg -s

sudo pacman -U virtualbox_bin-3.2.10-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

    Then test again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC