[arch-general] Postgresql-docs is Broken

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:52:20 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:44:41AM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> It is a bug, but this isn't the place for reporting it...
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/?project=1
>
> It is pretty easy to confirm yourself, note the difference in size and
> the files list:
> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/postgresql-docs/
> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/postgresql-docs/
>
> Finally, always include the arch of the package if it is not arch='any'.

I will take a look at the links shortly but in the meantime, I tried
to look in the /var/abs/extra for postgresql-docs and there is no
directory with PKGBUILD or anything for postresql-docs nor
postgresql-lib.  I thought abs was supposed to contain the PKGBUILDs
and related files for all packages in the Arch repos.

What am I missing here?