[arch-general] KDE 4.5.1 Bug Kopete need much Memory

Carsten Feuls Carsten.Feuls at gmx.de
Wed Sep 1 07:59:19 EDT 2010

Helly Everybody

I have got a problem with Kopete

extra/kdenetwork-kopete 4.5.1-1 [5,04 MB] (kde kdenetwork) [Installiert]
    Instant Messenger

After I had update KDE 4.5.0 to KDE 4.5.1 my system becomes Slowly. Then i
found out that my system has 890MB Ram in use and 800 MB Swap.
Then I have tried to close some programms and after I have closed Kopete  my
system only use 212 MB Ram und 193 MB Swap.

Is it a bug in Kopete or is there some error in building the Kopete Programm.

I have found out that the same problem is in my 2 others PC when I run Kopete
it need much memory

When you start kopete the memory becomes more and more in use by kopete
1Mb per Sec

I looks like a memory leek

Sincerely yours
Carsten