[arch-general] X11 crashes after pacman -Syu

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Sat Sep 4 12:39:18 EDT 2010

On 09/04/2010 08:43 PM, Samuel Baldwin wrote:
> I recently updated my system with pacman -Syu; everything worked fine,
> but since I've rebooted the machine, running 'startx' causes X to start,
> I see the 'nvidia' logo flash, and then crash.
>
> I updated 'nvidia', but now when it starts it complains of being unable
> to allocate DMA memory and aborts.
>
> My Xorg.0.log is here: http://sprunge.us/GOLS

As the log says, xorg hasn't found any screens.
Are you using any configuration?
If yes, post it too.
Also try, temporarily disabling custom configuration if it exists. I
don't have an nvidia card, so I don't know if it needs any custom
config, etc.

You can autogenerate a configuration file using Xorg -configure as root.

--
Regards,
Nilesh Govindarajan