[arch-general] [OffTopic] Wireless keyboard Security

Partha Chowdhury partha at gmx.us
Mon Sep 6 02:48:23 EDT 2010

Recently I am looking for an ergonomic keyboard to replace my old
samsung pleomax keyboard. I wanted to buy microsoft natural ergonomic
keyboard 4000 but that is not in the market and the only other keyboard
I find is logitech ergonomic keyboard K350.The keyboard is very
comfortable to type and works out-of-the box with linux. But the thing
is that it is wireless and after a search of "wireless keyboard
security" on google i am a bit paranoid about using any wireless
keyboard.Also I did not find any encryption option if used by the
keyboard while using the logitech provided setpoint software on windows
XP and logitech site does not mention if the keyboard uses
encryption.Does this keyboard uses some hardware in-built encryption
that logitech does not divulge ?

If others on the list are using wireless keyboard, what are your
experiences and recommendations ?